Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Married Style

As you know, Valentine's Day landed on a Sunday this year.  This day was our first Valentine's celebration together as a married couple.  I didn't want David to spend lots of money on flowers like the rest of the crazy boys in the world do and I don't exactly need extra candy in my life.... We decided that we would just savor the time together and I wanted to make a nice dinner. Outback Steakhouse's Alice Spring's Chicken was my main dish choice. When I told David my plan and explained what it was, he didn't seemed too thrilled.  My goal was to prove his doubts wrong.  Let's just say he was more than impressed. :)
 
Alice Spring's Chicken is chicken marinated in honey mustard, covered in sauteed mushrooms, bacon, jack, and cheddar cheese.  Delicious! I got the recipe here: http://www.ichef.com/recipe.cfm/recipe/Outback%20Steakhouse%20Alice%20Springs%20Chicken/task/display/itemid/508379/recipeid/117827
 
David wanted potato salad, but it turned out we didn't have enough mayo. :( So the only side was amazing asparagus, which was plenty.
Well, no special dinner is special enough without dessert...SO, I decided to use the ramekins my mom gave us for Christmas for the first time and I made Chocolate Souffle with Creamy Caramel Sauce. WOW. The caramel sauce was superb.
 
I tried to just drizzle it...Okay, that is a lie! I went a little over board with the tasty caramel.  I don't even regret it! You can find the recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Souffles-with-Creamy-Caramel-Sauce-15813 

I love my adorable valentine, David. We are happy together and excited for all the adventures that we will experience together.  He is talented, smart, and encouraging. I can always count on him to make a hard day better or to help me with an overwhelming project. He is working hard toward challenging goals for the benefit of our family. I am so proud of him. Spending the WHOLE day with my Valentine was enough for me this Valentine's Day.  I wish every day could be like today. <3

2 comments: