Thursday, January 27, 2011

School Lunch

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/S_L-ZYDjpaI/AAAAAAAAPOc/tSN_UZc8YfQ/s1600/Turkey.jpg

So, I am really bad at meal planning and even worse at remembering to bring my lunch to school. Today I ate school lunch. I finally did it. I have always secretly kind of wanted to (just to say I've done it. You know?) This picture isn't my lunch. I didn't bring my camera to lunch. I had turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, chocolate milk :), cauliflower, broccoli, and part of the roll. The roll wasn't my favorite, but overall the school lunch wasn't as bad as it's reputation. It was also only $2.75. Not bad.

3 comments:

  1. haha! Dang, I can't believe I retired from the teaching profession without taking that opportunity. I would say that you probably chose the best day to forget though. I like fake mashed potatoes.

    Now the smell of school cafeterias just reminds me of being pregnant. I remember literally holding my breath as I fast-walked through the cafeteria to take a shortcut to my car. (and sometimes puked anyway. haha)

    How is 5th grade going?! I am realizing as I write this how much I miss it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had school lunch quite a few times. It really isn't that bad. My favorite day to eat school lunch is Hawaiian Haystack day! Loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love school lunch!!! I had it all the time when I was in school though. I'm glad you finally had it Deidra! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete