Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break Happenings...

Whoever thought up Spring Break is my hero. I needed and loved every minute of my break! (plus.. only 6 weeks left until summer!)

I spent much of my break cleaning EVERY nook and cranny of my apartment. It is therapeutic to me and I feel accomplished scrubbing floors, floorboards, walls, ceilings, mirrors, windows, doors, cupboards, appliances, organizing, dusting, etc.

These are just some of the rags used in my cleaning frenzy. My neighbors thought I was crazy when I was cleaning the front door outside...

David helped me make two cardboard Model T Fords for the 5th grade program. Cute.

I also spent a couple of hours in my classroom. I had a whole list of things I wanted to accomplish, but only actually got to a few... It's spring break!

 
I painted my toenails pink. 
 We celebrated David finishing his undergraduate classes at Texas Roadhouse. YUM!


I found out I passed the Praxis II PLT with flying colors. I even got this fancy certificate in the mail because I scored into the top 15%.

We had a bbq with two of our friends that work with David and played some frisbee.
We also had a bbq with some ward friends and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.



I made delicious cookies! http://cjaneinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/04/cookies-n-creme-cookies.html We shared them with Carolyn, Brent, Garett, and Presley. We got to play with these cool kids a few times. :)

I cut David's hair. He looks spiffy!

I bought David these two dress shirts for only $30!! There was some morning specials at Macy's and I had a coupon.
I also took the car to have the A/C looked at. I had the mechanic order a new compressor and will be getting the air conditioning fixed this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

http://thesweetsurvival.blogspot.com/2011/03/yarn-egg-wreath.html
I started this craft, but haven't finished. Hopefully I will before Easter... haha!

Overall, I feel spring break was a huge success. Let's do it again next year.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Deidra! you had a very productive week. I love that you guys went to Texas Roadhouse. Phil and I love that place! Good job on your test. That's great news to get during a great week. Oh and I'm pretty jealous that you cleaned your house. I definitely need to do some serious spring cleaning. Perhaps after finals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious cookies is right! I loved Spring Break. And I loved seeing you over Spring Break! :)

    ReplyDelete