Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I love that this time of year can brighten any situation!
 Here is our tree.. I am not a photographer by any means! It looks like we are loaded with presents, but I will let you in on the truth. There are wedding gifts under there, along with gifts for my parents from all of the children (my siblings), AND I wrap gifts in big boxes so it seems more exciting. :) Now that I am thinking about it, maybe I am setting every gift receiver up for disappointment! haha Oh well, I guess I still have the child mentality that a bigger present is better.
 These are our lovely UGLY Christmas sweaters. We had a ward party with the theme... we were one of four couples that actually dressed up. Living in a college town we couldn't find ugly sweaters at thrift stores. They were wiped clean! David thought up the-half Christmas tree so that when we stand together it makes one-idea. He even sewed on his own ribbons and jingle bells! That was mostly because we procrastinated in making these until an hour before the party!
Merry Christmas!
David finishes his last final of his first semester of law school tomorrow. After I finish work on Friday, we are on vacation!! Woohoo!

5 comments:

  1. I love love the sweaters. You guys are so creative. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sweaters are fabulous! We got invited to an ugly Christmas sweater party and my mom saw the invitation. She said, "My feelings are hurt" and unzipped her coat and she was wearing one! I couldn't help but laugh. My mom can rock a Christmas sweater just like you guys.
    Miss you guys! Wish we were all having our annual Christmas party at our place :( One day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LURVE those sweaters! Haha. Classic. Your treat looks beautiful. I'm kinda the same about gifts. Only instead of bigger boxes, I wrap everything individually so it seems like there is more. Of course, I have to kinda number them so the person opens them in the right order. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funniest. Idea. Ever. Those sweaters are exactly why we're friends. Among other reasons. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, that is awesome! Good work on the sweaters. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete