Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friendship

Growing up I went through phases of friends. My siblings came first, then my neighbor friends, friends from church, and then friends at school. Many friends became close friends and plenty more were just nice acquaintances or situational friendships (just in a certain class, etc.). For the past three years, David has been my best friend. It is easy to stay best friends because we live together by choice and spend time with each other every day. Over the years as things have changed I haven't been the best at keeping up with old friends. I still look back fondly on our relationships and all of the memories we have together. I really enjoyed getting together with a friend over Thanksgiving that I really hadn't seen to in a couple of years probably. It's always nice when you can just pick up where you are and still be good friends. I am REALLY bad at talking on the phone and love seeing what is going on in friend's lives through blogs and Facebook, even though it isn't as good as living in the same town and getting together. I hope to continue to become a better friend. I am still learning.
 After our move to Moscow and having to make new friends here, I have thought about the friendships in my life a lot. We had many great friends throughout our lives, in Provo, and others that have moved to various places all over the country. We have also been lucky enough to make some new, great friends here in Moscow.
Yesterday I received a package from one of our Provo friends. She worked with David and is a true gem. What a fun surprise and nice note! This week we also received some Christmas cards from friends. It felt good to be thought of and to see what they were up to.
I am SO thankful for all of my friends throughout the years. You have each made an impact in my life. I appreciate the love you've shown me. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! We love that you guys are good friends. I will always cherish our memories with you guys. You guys could always make us laugh. We sure miss you but I'm glad to hear you received our Christmas card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I could just copy and paste most of this post onto my own blog! I'm no good at keeping up with all my old friends. I'm just going to assume that it's okay to assume I'm one of those friends because you are one that I think of on my list of people I should contact more often.... Great post. I miss the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did receive your card Natalie! Thanks for thinking of us! Someday we hope to be more like you and share our adventures with the world. (Maybe we'll be more exciting someday?! haha)

    Katie! Of course you are on that list. I miss the good old days too!!

    ReplyDelete