Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby Blanket

In high school I decided I wanted to make a quilt.  Because I had never made one before I decided to not be so ambitious and picked out a baby quilt that I thought wouldn't be too difficult. I didn't know if I wanted it to be for a boy baby or a girl baby or even who's baby it would be for, so I picked out pink and blue fabric.  I cut out the pieces and put it away....

I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO WORK ON IT UNTIL THIS SPRING BREAK, 6 YEARS LATER!! I had put it away in the back of my mind and didn't have a sewing machine until this last Christmas. So as Spring Break approached, knowing that David would be going to school and working, I decided to try and finish it.  I did get most of it put together.  When school got out a few weeks ago, I decided to finish it.  

Here it is! Yeah I know, not the best picture and who is the freaky chick on the TV?
I tied the corners of all of the pink squares with blue and the blue squares with pink. The patterned pieces have little birds on them. YAY! I finally finished it. Although I have many friends about to have babies (including my own sister!!), I will keep it.  It took me six years to finish one, so I think I will keep it for when we decide to have a baby just in case this never happens again.

3 comments:

  1. I thought David was holding the blanket up in the picture when I first glanced at it. Hahaha it was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! If you look closely, "David" has pink fingernails even! haha

    ReplyDelete