Friday, June 4, 2010

More of Our Adventures...

Apparently my post was too big? I am not sure, but here are some more of our happenings...

More delicious food.... Kabobs!

*My parents bought me the Wii game "Just Dance" for a graduation present. It is so fun! We even got my parents and Kamille to dance with us!!

*We are headed up to Washington soon for a vacation and of course David NEEDS to fish and since I have never technically have fished, he had to make sure I know how. So he planned this date and made me close my eyes. We ended up at this park we like with fishing gear... He taught me how to cast and reel... I don't even know what I am talking about! haha Anyway, he had drawn various types of fish on construction paper.  I had to catch each of them and could only keep a certain number of them.  On the back of the paper he had written down different activities.  The fish I kept determined what we did the rest of our date.  We ended up going to the MOA and then eating at Magleby's Fresh.

* I survived my first year of teaching!! I taught fourth grade.  I loved it most days, but some days were a bit harder... We started with the ceiling collapsing and flooding my room and ended with moving my stuff into a classroom into the school where I will be teaching fifth grade next year!


*We went on our annual Hogle Zoo date! This started one year ago when David had to go identify birds for his biology class. We had a fun time, so we planned and went again.

Right after we got into the zoo, two men came up behind us and one said, "What up [bad slang for an African American]?" Both of us unsure of what to do, warily turned around.  The same man said to me, "You have beautiful blue eyes [female dog]!" We turned around and they walked past as the man repeated that last word over and over.  He had Tourette's Syndrome or something that caused him to have tics.  The man he was with was a sketchy looking tattooed/pierced up fellow. As he walked away, it made me sad that saying bad things like that had been reinforced throughout his life. 
Anyway, back to our zoo trip....

This was the duck we stared at as the men passed.... These monkeys were so funny! They were more of them, but the littlest one kept picking on the others and then would climb and run away as the bigger ones (who didn't want to play as much) would chase him and pull on his tail.
All of the big cats were pacing...
Dorks!
The baby elephant, Zuri!
This peacock liked David I supposed because we were the only ones around and he started showing off his plumage.... :) We got a cool video of him coming closer and shaking his tail end. haha

We also ate a picnic in the park, visited a big cathedral, walked around the Gateway Mall in the rain, and stopped at Ikea!

2 comments:

  1. That all looks fun and yummy! You guys always make yummy things and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's why we've gained so much weight this year! HAHA But seriously, it's diet time.

    ReplyDelete