Friday, March 25, 2011

5th grader

Yesterday I had a super emotional girl crying all day. When I asked her about it, she said she had no reason... What? You are 11! I tried to ignore her sniffles, as did the rest of the class. She stayed after school and said, "Mrs. Law, there is something I've been meaning to tell you." Uh-oh! I am thinking, "what drama will now unfold?!" Here is the rest of our conversation:

Me: Okay, what do you need to tell me?
Girl: You have something red on your face.
Me (as I rub my face): What is it? Food? Pen? Marker? Am I getting it?
Girl: Oh, you can't rub this red away. You are touching it!
Me: This pimple?
Girl: Yeah. It sticks out really far when you made certain faces today.
Me: Yes, I have acne. Is that what you needed to tell me?
Girl (as she leaves): Yep, I'll see you tomorrow Mrs. Law!

Okay, thank you! I wonder what she'll say today about my hair... My blow dryer blew up this morning!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! Thats when you tell her she is falling behind and will have to redo the 5th grade! oh kids bless their hearts :]]

    ReplyDelete