Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our Big Move




 Our friends, the McEwens, gave us boxes from the firework stand they ran this summer. They were great! Thank you!

This is all our our stuff before the move. Tuesday we had some wonderful people help us load up our 17' Uhaul. Garett, Presley, Justin, Blake, Sean, and Alif were lifesavers! Thanks guys! 

 Early Wednesday morning the Snows came and checked us out of our Utah apartment and then we were on our way. David drove the big Uhaul and I followed in our Honda. I had my camera sitting on the passenger seat next to me & decided to document my exciting trip each hour.
6:30 AM

7:30 AM

8:30 AM

9:30 AM

10:30 AM

11:30 AM

12:30 PM


1:30 PM

2:30 PM

3:30 PM

4:30 PM

5:30 PM

5:30 PM AGAIN! We changed time zones... We are back in good ole Pacific Time.

6:30 PM We were in lots of construction! It seems like we rarely went over 45 mph. The Uhaul didn't have cruise control, which was a bit annoying to follow. BUT, I only used a tank and a quarter of gas. Normally on a trip this length I would have gone through at least two tanks!

7:30 PM in MOSCOW, ID our new home.
Our new residence. It is an over/under duplex and we are on the top.
David checking things out.

David and I unloaded almost everything the hour and a half after we arrived. Then my parents & Kamille came. We went to dinner and then crashed. Dad helped carry the rest in the morning. David's parents came the next morning and everybody helped us unpack and organize a bit. It was so nice to see family and have all of the support. Thank you!
Our new place is MUCH larger than our first apartment. After we finish cleaning up I will post some pictures.

6 comments:

  1. HA! I love that you took pictures every hour! Miss you Deedee! I wanna see pictures of your new place soon :]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOVE BACK!!! I love that Pres called you Deedee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! I love the documentation of the move. That is so nice that you are relatively close to family. I hope you guys love Moscow. Is it not so wonderful to have a little more space? I am loving the extra square footage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha oh Deidra! I love the hour by hour documentation. Especially the 5:30 again time change! That's great. I'm so sad you guys are gone though. We are losing everbody here :( Well I guess this week is our turn. Good luck with eveything in Russia ;) jk ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hour by hour pics! hope you love your new place and i hope to see you SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't moving the worst!? Just this summer, we moved from West Jordan to Phoenix to Huntington Beach to Phoenix to Santa Clarita and it's off to China in a week and a half. I tell ya, it's the most stressful thing EVER! I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete